Thursday 1 September 2016

EATING WRIGHT

Where the foodies at?
   So I recently went home for a two-week break and the coolest part was the fact that I got to eat healthy. Alot. Like yeah sure, to a large extent I eat normal food back in school and not necessarily junk. But my eating manners in school don't exactly measure up. Like having dinner at 12am and brunch instead of breakfast.
  So at home, my mum has managed to create this totally effective meal regimen that has helped alot in reducing our calorie intake and also heped in improving the nutritional balance of any meal.
Take as a case study this particular plate of Tuwo Shinkafa and Efo riro,(which was delicious!!!) the consistency of the tuwo was thickened with a little semolina which helped to reduce the urge of eating more portions.
  The Efo Riro didn't contain the slightest sprinkle of a seasoning cube. Just little salt and lemon-pepper powder and lots of other healthy spices. A major one was Turmeric. Known for its healing powers and healthy nature, turmeric is definitely a great addition to anyone's kitchen. It has helped to replace Curry powder for my mum especially, considering the fact that it carries out almost all curry functions and more.
   Just try to make a meal today without adding your favorite 'maggi' or 'knorr' and see the result. Don't forget to put in a little turmeric as you go too. It can be featured in basically any dish so it actually is crazy useful.
  For more tips or a full low down on the best spices and brands to buy,(cause I don't know, lol)(you can get them at any supermarket or farmer's market I'm sure)  contact the best chef of all time who also happens to be my mother lol at musleemah89@gmail.com
I.G: musleemahnikeabdulrahman

 If you love Vegetables like me, I'd like to see you recreate this meal and send pictures to my email: praisesubtle@gmail.com
Feel free to make any replacement according to your preferences.
  Lets get cooking guys!!!

SHARE THIS

Author:

Facebook Comment

1 comment:

  1. Abeg
    who will make tuwo shinkafa
    and efo riro oooo
    abeg this one is gidi gaan

    ReplyDelete