Friday 7 October 2016

HEARTBROKEN (A FEATURED POEM)

This pain in my heart
burns me physically
And emotionally
Can't even say which hurts more
Just that I know it burns

I get goosebumps all over
My whole body seems unable
To lift itself off the bed
Just letting itself languish in
the harshness of the bed.

I am not sad.
Sincerely sadness doesn't seem the word
Just uninterested in so many things.
The interest went with her

I lay, twist, turn
All in a bid for time to pass
But Alas!
Two hours is the new one week
And it seems
Time isn't the best healer of wounds
As it passes slowly
When one needs it to nitro itself.

Heart's shattered
Body weak
Interest gone
But it will only get better
Or isn't that what they say
When you tell them
Your heart is broken....

Poet: N.Hassan 

SHARE THIS

Author:

Facebook Comment

0 comments: